Thursday, March 3, 2011

Strong Tower

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my Strength in whom I will trust . . .

 . . . my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  Psalm 18:2 NKJV

God is bedrock under my feet, the castle in which I live, my rescuing knight. 
Psalm 18:2 The Message Bible

 . . . tower of the flock, stronghold of the daughter of Zion.  Micah 4:8

The name of the LORD is a strong tower, the righteous run to it and are safe. 
 Proverbs 18:10

The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.  Nahum 1:7 

Return to the stronghold, you prisoners of hope.  Zechariah 9:12

Bow down Your ear to me, deliver me speedily; be my rock of refuge, a fortress of defense to save me.  For You are my rock and my fortress; therefore, for Your name's sake, lead me and guide me.  Psalm 31:2,3

The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. 
Psalm 9:9

My lovingkindness and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the One in whom I take refuge . . .  Psalm 144:2

In the fear of the LORD there is strong confidence,and His children will have a place of refuge.  Proverbs 14:26

Be my strong habitation, to which I may resort continually; You have given the commandment to save me, for You are my rock and my fortress.  Psalm 71:3

For You have been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. 
Psalm 61:3

I  will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him will I trust."  
 Psalm 91:2

He is the tower of salvation to His king and shows mercy to His anointed.  
2 Samual 22:51

The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms . . . 
 Deuteronomy 33:27

Photos:  Boldt Castle, Heart Island in the Thousand Islands of the Saint Lawrence Seaway, August 2010

8 comments:

  1. return to the stronghold... you prisoners of Hope
    I run in to Him and am safe <3
    thank you again Andrea... my dreams tonight will have me safe in His strong tower, His everlasting arms my refuge...
    your photos are astoundingly beautful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andrea,

    I noticed a new follower and came to visit and who did I find - YOU!

    You tell beautiful photo stories with your camera and God's word. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey cousin, thanks for taking a peek and your kind words. I am still pretty new at this but having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots. I'll bet there is a lot of history behind those doors and turrets! Have you been inside?
    The scriptures fit so well with the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I have been inside, Linda. Went there last summer with my sister and brother-in-law. I emailed you a link to my photo album of the 1000 Islands/Boldt Castle Cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Andrea, I have been searching for a copyright free castle with turets for my first attempt at a devotional. Do you own these photos? How may I get permission to use one of them? Thanx for considering. Lord bless you. Jeanne Zaugg jezusong@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete