Friday, May 20, 2011

Glorious Liberty

Now the LORD is the Spirit . . .
. . .  and where the Spirit of the LORD is . . .
 
. . .  there is liberty.  2 Corinthians 3:17


Let Your mercies come also to me, O LORD - Your salvation according to Your word.  So shall I have an answer for him who reproaches me, for I trust in Your word.  And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for I have hoped in Your ordinances.  So shall I keep Your law continually, forever and ever.  And I will walk at liberty, for I seek Your precepts. 
Psalm 119:41-45


The Spirit of the LORD God is upon Me, because the LORD has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison door to those who are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD . . .  Isaiah 61:1,2a


. . . because the creature itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.  Romans 8:21


Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage . . .  For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.  Galations 5:1,13


But He who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.  James 1:25

Photos
Lady Liberty, Las Vegas, Nevada

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful shots of our Statue of Liberty, Andrea. I've never been there. These photos touch my heart. Thank you for sharing them.

    And for painting the larger picture with your scriptures...

    ReplyDelete